Sunday, October 3, 2010

It's Conference Weekend!!!


This whole procrastination thing is really taxing to me; I feel like by the time I get around to posting, I end up throwing up text all over the blog, not making it interesting. So take this as a goal to post more regularly (conference has given me an idea as for what to do with my blog).
Until then, I will continue with my massive week updates.
Last Wednesday was a day of frantic business and then relaxation; I had a 600 word essay that was due by 5:00, and my last class of the day got out at three, so I was busy doing that..during class..it was all good. It was just contrasting how Aristotle was perceived in his own day compared to today.
I'm sure I did something that evening, I just have no idea what it was
Thursday: I rode my bike to Book of Mormon, then I went to get it registered. It costs 1 WHOLE DOLLAR to register one's bike...nbd. Then I went to visit freshman mentoring, to get out of it, and they told me that I had taken everything they needed me to, so I am good. After fall, I no longer have to deal with freshman mentoring.
Then I had geology. Bam.
That evening I got to see my Dad and Logan again!! They came out for conference (this weekend) and we went out to Magleby's for dinner (which was an interesting experience in and of itself, and something that I could probably spend more time on if I wasn't talking about a large span of time).
Friday I had a ton of classes, and *finished* up my lab fr CS 142. I completed all the requirements, there was just one aesthetic thing that I couldn't figure out. However, upon asking the TA for help, he refused, saying that since that part was under extra credit he could do nothing to help me. I am very frustrated at him.
But after that my dad came to pick me up, and I left provo without looking back.
So, then, we had this day called Saturday. Now, Saturday is a special day (because it's the day you get ready for sunday. Besides that, though), because it's General Conference! This is the first time I've had conference at the actual time happens. All during my life, I've been on Eastern time during conference, which is 12-2 and 4-6, (and 8-10 for priesthood). But I am in Utah, and used to the time, so I had conference at 10! (which meant I had to get up before that. Oh well. It was worth it!) The first session I got a lot of notes on, especially the first half. The second half of it was spent in the car on my way back to provo...
*explanation sequence* So, the reason why Dad and Logan are out here is because Dad has made it a tradition that when we turn twelve, we get to go out to priesthood session (Janessa went out for the General Relief Society boradcast). Preisthood session was that night, and of course for attending the session one needs to dress up buuuuuutt..... I forgot to bring my church clothes with me *end sequence*
....so I was going back to provo to pick up my clothes, and listened to elder christofferson's and elder uchtdorf's talk on the way.
We got back after the session ended, and Grandad took me to get a haircut
we listened to the first session, then left at 3 to get to Salt Lake early.
We got there at ~4:00, and were able to get into the conference center after parking and walking. Fun fact: there are these people near the center who aren't quite right in the head...they have some beef with us and have decided that the only thing they can do about it is act like foolz and yell a bunch of stuff...of course, everyone ignored them, but they were there anyway.
Priesthood Session was amazing, of course! (we had really good seats). We met up with some old family friends, the Carlsons (who moved to San Antonio ages ago). Got Ben and Jerry's (which made me happy. Yummy ice cream is yummy). Today we finished up conference; Grandma made us breakfast and an amazing lunch.
I really don't feel like putting in details about random things
So bye.

1 comment:

  1. Small correction on Janessa. She didn't go to the R.S. Broadcast; she won't be R.S. age until she's 18. She just attended one of the sessions of conference, live with me (her mom), and her two grandmothers.
    Wish I could have seen you! Can't wait for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete