Sunday, August 29, 2010

WoWZ3RS!


I would like to tell you a story. A story about a youth, yearning for his home-away-from-home and how he finally returned there.
So on Tuesday I finally was able to get back to campus, but not to stay. No, I was there to train as a Y group leader for the New Student Orientation (NSO) that ran from Thursday through Saturday. Training was fun, and then I hung out with Katie (who is de bomb) and helped her move in and stuff. Went home and was bored, then went to sleep, then woke up
Wednesday I moved in. It took my Kelly grandparents' truck and some tricky maneuvering once in the parking lot on campus, but I got most of my stuff in (the other stuff I had forgotten :/ ) Unpacked in a matter of an hour and a half, or so, then went over to find Courtney and Dezzy who were also moving in. I also was able to meet most of my roommates on Wednesday, which was neat. then stuff happened.
Thursday I woke up at 7:20 so I could be ready for Freshmen at 8:00. NSO on Thursday consisted of spending two hours on Helaman field, a devotional thing at the Marriott Center, then the cougar walk which was walking around campus and spouting information to the freshmen. I got a lot of sun, and was also really dehydrated, ended up getting a headache later that day... then some other stuff happened and then we had this tradition of honor show where they essentially talked about the honor code. 'Twas good stuff.
Friday I got to wake up early again (whoopee) and go to a devotional at the Marriott Center with the freshmen. After that we let them loose to go look at their individual colleges/majors. After lunch we retrieved them and took them through this exhibit in the JFSB, called Education in Zion, just about the history of education in the church in general, and then BYU in specific. Then we broke, and were supposed to have this activity later, but it got rained out. Imagine that. Saturday I woke up again to go to the temple; I was mistaken for an RM while I was there, which was interesting. Later that day I ordered my textbooks, and hung out with people. I also had something like a three hour nap to make up for the lack of sleep I'd been getting the previous few days. That night was the Saturday Night Finale for NSO; I went for the dating game, which just proves that BYU is a marriage-obsessed environment (not the fact that they had the game, but the attitudes of the people involved in it). After that was Divine Comedy, which, as always, was AWESOME.
Sunday
Today was neat; my new ward has church at 11:00, which is like the perfect time for churchiness. I'm now in the BYU 118 ward, and I've already met most of my new FHE group; needless to say, they're really awesome.
I'm tired of this, and am going to go meet more people. (There's a lot of those here)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like university is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And somebody needs to get their life back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooookay mr(s). anonymous. judge away. Just know...I'm watching you

    ReplyDelete