Monday, August 30, 2010

Day one


Here's a bit of history for you all. In the mid 1800s, the fledgling mormons lived in Nauvoo, Illinois, which used to be a swamp before they drained it and settled it, soon becoming the largest city in the state (yes, bigger than Chicago back then). Of course, the world hates us X) so they were driven out (again) and eventually found their way out to Utah.
The real question is what they did with the swamp they drained. The answer? It comes back to Provo every fall in the form of >6000 freshmen. I swear it's like walking through mud, except the mud has faces and it's moving all around. I think I'm really just making a reference to the viscosity..HI IT'S ME THE BLOG AND I'M UPDATING AGAIN WOW LOOK AT THAT. I must be turning over a new leaf or something...or I am just putting off going to sleep (Huzzah!).
Today I woke up at ~8:00, ate breakfast, and then headed off to my first class, computer science. It's a great feeling you get when you go a half hour early to your first class only to realize you're in the wrong building. Luckily, I was able to find my way to my real class just in time for it to start. Happily, it only lasted 50 minutes (unlike my 2 hour classes in the summer). I went straight from the Talmadge building to the JFSB, where I had my first class of Music 201 (again with the Aussie. I love that me defeating freshmen mentoring worked out so well :D). Then I had a break, during which I found Bethany and met some of her roommates, then I went to the bookstore, where I saw 8 people I knew, including Mike M. from my home stake...had lunch with him but it was really relaxed, mostly because we didn't feel like waiting a bajillion hours for restaurant food. To say that the cougareat was packed is like saying the pacific ocean is damp.
Then, at 2:00 I had linear algebra, where I connected with an old EFY acquaintance, and found out that Dan Blake, also from my home stake, is in my class (except that he's older than me-I'm pretty sure Joe (EFY kid) and I were the only freshmen in that class. OOOHHH YEAH). After that I came home and napped... was woken up at ~7:00 for our ward FHE activity--I finally was able to meet all of our FHE family (redundancies aside) then hung out with them for the rest of the night. I met tons more people. (muahaha)
yep. bye

1 comment:

  1. the best part of this video -- besides his awesome singing voice -- is how hard he works his eyebrows to hit his notes

    ReplyDelete