Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Double rainbow all the way


This has absolutely zero relevance to my last two days of life, but I figured that going back into school and all this would be a good opportunity to teach you about one of the the memes o' the internet.
So, yesterday was Tuesday, I intended to go swimming in the morning, waking up at 6:50 to get to the RB by 7:00 and swim until ~8:00...unfortunately, I was misinformed; the pool hours during the fall are from 6-7:15. Annoying. I spent the morning returning a text book and preparing for my secondary audition for Men's Chorus, went at 11:00 for an 11:30 audition. I think it went alright.. the woman was kind of intimidating so I was nervous, and messed up on tonal memory and sight reading and my prepared piece and everything pretty much. But callbacks list goes up tomorrow so I'll be able to judge based on that (for those of you who saw my status, I just called it callbacks, but it was really more like pre-callbacks. I had a preliminary audition, which is essentially just to weed out those unfortunate American Idol wannabees from people who can actually sing--this was the secondary audition to determine who will make callbacks). While there I met this nice girl named Miranda, who had had previous experience with the auditions, and was also pleasant to talk to. I had to go from that audition to my Geology class, with possibly one of my favorite teachers ever, named *mumblemumble* Skinner, who is extremely funny. Unfortunately, I had to cut out of class early to go to my book of mormon class, due to bad scheduling (and an extremely poor job by the freshmen mentoring department). After BoM I went straight to the FM office to get my class changed, because it stunk. In the process of doing that I found that I had a hold on my classes due to the fact that I still had to pay for the voice lessons I'm taking this fall; it's an extra charge outside tuition. Got that kind of ironed out, and finally got back home. I then proceeded to hang out with all of my AWESOME FHE sisters. I'm really glad for my FHE group; I lucked out big time. The unfortunate thing is that because of the dimensions of my ward, I have to split time among my sisters, but it turned out to be ok. Jeff accompanied me to visit the girls in Fox, after I was in Bowen for a while. The rest of the night is kind of a blur, but seeing as how it's already 1:00 the day after, I'm not surprised. I'm pretty sure I went to bed at some point, and then woke up this morning.
My first class was at 10:00, so I got up and prepared for that, completing my Lin. Alg. (Math 313) HW before leaving. Computer science was really boring, and I wasn't really paying all that much attention as we talked about hard drives and input/output devices. After that was Music 201, which was cool; we talked about Homer and the Iliad, which is in dactylic hexameter. I went from there to an orientation kind of thing for CS, which turned out to be not really helpful in learning how in the world I'm supposed to program in Java.
Then I had some free time, so I came back and ate some lunch and did random things on facebook/teh interwebz until it got close to 2:00, which was when my Math 313 class was. That was a nice break from the college-y feeling; we just did stuff with Matrices. It felt like I was back in a nice old high school class...except with smart people (some of whom were married) around me. After that I came back and visited with our Fox girls, then over to Bowen which led to a trip to the library where I got my 313 HW done. I then went back and decided to visit Fox 49, where Dani and Emily live (who were in Harris over the summer but were my friends as well). Surprise surprise, Rachel was also there! It was a really neat reunion, and I ended up walking back to Helaman (where Rachel now resides) with her and Dani. But, because Helaman visiting hours are weaksauce, I couldn't come in. Coincidently, while waiting outside, I ran into an old friend from EFY Plymouth last year (That Awful Crisis!), Leslie. I ended up hanging out with her and some other people I met there, played volleyball (on some really cold sand) and saw some kids playing Ninja with lightsabers. On my way back from there, I ran into two people from my NSO group (who by this point had found out that I was younger than they were), CaryLynn and Taylor (M). That was neat, and I talked with them for a while, as well as getting invited to CaryLynn's and her roommate's birthday party tomorrow, which should prove to be awesome. Then, because I stayed an talked with them, right as I got back to my hall, and old friend from my ward last term walked by, saying that he was going to go visit some friends in Fox. I went along, and found out that I had already met his friends. We chatted and had a good time until 12:00, when the lobby visiting hours finally ended. Then I came back here and decided not to post until I ended up doing so. GOod n1gh7.

No comments:

Post a Comment