Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Daily Grind


Boy did I not get enough sleep last night. Not only did I not get enough sleep, but I couldn't even take a nap today because I had class from 2 to 4 (though that didn't stop me from almost nodding off)
Today I woke up around 11 (I think). I hate some cereal, and did some homework while I was still focused enough, which degenerated quickly into doing random things (centered mostly around chess and my DS). I was productive in the middle of the day, when I went and set up an appointment for myself to me with Kerry Hammock (re: my AP scores and what that means for next fall). Grabbed lunch at the Cougareat, then came back. I went to BoM 7 minutes before class started, which I usually wouldn't do because I wouldn't be able to make it in time, but today is the first day that I have a bike of my own. Yes, I have my very own bicycle that I can get to the other side of campus in a couple minutes (which is really nice, because it tends to get rather hot in the middle of the day in the desert, so the less time I'm outside the better). After BoM I attempted to get some more work done, but then at 7:20 I got a text from the ward music committee chair that I needed to go get set apart--at 7:30. Now, for all of you who don't know, we have church at the conference center, but there is currently construction going on, blocking what would be the shortest route. To add to that, I didn't know whether I needed to dress up or not, so I ended up going halfway, wearing a button-up shirt that I left unbuttoned as I rode up the hill towards the building. What I realized in the course of that trip was how dreadfully out of shape I am. I really need to start working on my cardio-vascular. Maybe I'll accompany Trent on his morning jogs; he can run and I'll ride my bike. (Trent=a roommate; bios soon, I promise!) The cool thing was that while we were doing setting-apart(s), EFY was upstairs on their first dance of the week. Brought back good memories. Also, Kea and Taylor are there, which is cool. When I got back to the apartment, some of our FHE girls were there and we chilled for a bit before deciding to go play basketball, which degenerated into an 8-person game of pig, and then to knockout (I'm pretty sure they're still out there). I realized how ridiculously tired I am, so I came back with the intent to sleep, but realized that I should post this first. Also, fun fact, my right eye has been killing me all day. I'm hoping it's just because of lack of sleep, and that it's not an infection or anything like that.
And on that note, buenas noches.

1 comment: